Current Affairs forms an important part of the UPSC Syllabus 2020. It covers all the latest information based on the national and international events happening in the world and also forms an integral part of the General Awareness section.
Candidates appearing for the UPSC 2020, should be familiar with the latest current affairs 2020 topics to score well in the examination. Current Affairs refer to the events from the areas of history, geography, economy, environment and ecology, polity, science and technology, etc.
Candidates should remain updated on the latest topics of current affairs 2020 that create headlines nationally as well as internationally.
Top 5 Tips to cover Current Affairs from UPSC Syllabus 2020
In order to score well in this section, candidates must ensure that they are well updated regarding the latest happenings in the world. Candidates who are finding difficulty in solving the current affairs section of the UPSC Syllabus 2020 can follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Make short notes and divide the topics into small modules. This will also help to direct your study on different topics of current affairs 2020. Also, candidates can examine the UPSC previous year’s question papers in order to get a glimpse of what kind of questions are asked on current affairs in IAS prelims and mains exam.
- Read the newspaper daily. This will help the candidates stay updated with the latest happenings across the globe. Reading the newspapers on a regular basis will strengthen the general awareness of the candidate for UPSC 2020.
- Follow activities and events occurring on an international and national level. The greatest source of awareness on national issues is Press Information Bureau (PIB) releases.
- The Yojana Magazines also cover some latest current affairs 2020 topics significantly. Candidates are advised to highlight or make key points to revise it later.
- Another interesting technique to remember current affairs is to take quizzes on it. Candidates can assess their learning by taking quizzes and also improve their retention of things read. By taking the same quiz multiple times, the information will definitely be stored in the memory for a longer time.
Important topics for Current Affairs 2020
Given below are some of the important topics for UPSC Current Affairs 2020:
- National Register of Citizens (NRC)
- Citizenship Amendment Bill (CAB)
- Chemical Weapons in Syria and the US response
- Call to action: on India’s air pollution crisis
- Corruption in India – An Analysis
- Political and Constitutional Crises in Maldives
- Public Private Partnership (PPP) in Healthcare Sector
- Tribunals and tribunalisation (Polity)
- Skilling India – Needs and Challenges
- SAARC vs BIMSTEC
- Interstate water disputes
- India & Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO)
- Artificial Intelligence
- Triple Talaq Bill
- Impact of Social Media
- Increasing Heat Waves
- Issues concerning Elections in India
- Supreme Court Judgements
- Decriminalisation of Politics
- Iran nuclear deal
- Police Reforms in India
- India’s growing underwater capability
- Current & future prospect of the Indian economy
- US withdrawals from various International alliances
- Parliamentary disruptions
- RTI amendments
- Minimum Support Price
- Non Performing Assets
- Power & Role of RBI
Since there are hardly a few months left for UPSC Prelims 2020, candidates are advised to kick start their preparation soon. Candidates must follow a fixed time table, which will help them to cover all the topics from UPSC Syllabus 2020. A good understanding of Current Affairs is very key to success in the IAS exam. Therefore, candidates must also keep a track of the latest developments and events in the world to be updated on the latest topics.